The month of February is the month where flowers are in full bloom in Baguio City. Visit the “Summer Capital of the Philippines” come end on this month and be treated to Panagbenga Festival 2013.
Panagbenga or Flower Festival is highlighted by a colorful display of street dancers and wonderful floats made from different cut flowers. However, this famous Philippine festival is a month long celebration where even in the first days of February, different activities and displays are on hand to showcase Baguio’s booming flower industry.
If you are planning to visit Baguio for the Panagbenga 2013 Festival, you must first see first our list of scheduled events and activities together with venues and time.
Panagbenga 2013 Schedule of Activities and Events
February 1, 2013
- Grand Opening Parade, Drum and Lyre Dance Competition (Elementary Division) – Panagbenga Park to Athletic Bowl.
February 1 up to March 3, 2013
- Market Encounter and Landscaping Competition at Burnham Park
February 3, 2013
- Start of Largest Carpet of Flowers at the Athletic Bowl
February 10, 2013
- Let a Thousand Flowers Bloom at Melvin Jones (Starts at 8:00 AM)
- Regatta at Burnham Park
February 11, 2013
- Spring Festival Parade in Session Road at 3 PM
Everlasting Flower: Baguio’s Most Famous Flower
- Grand Street Dancing Parade Panagbenga Park to Burnham Park (Starts at 8:00 AM)
- Panagbenga National Arnis Championship at the University of the Cordilleras Gym
- Grand Float Parade – Panagbenga Park to Burnham Park (Starts at 8:00 AM)
- Handog sa Panagbenga Free Concert at the Melvin Jones Grandstand 5pm to 12 mn
- Session Road in Bloom
- Panagbenga Floats Exhibit at the Historical Core in Camp John Hay
- Pony Boy’s Day at Session Road
- Panagbenga Festival 2013 Kapamilya Karavan
March 3, 2013
- Closing Ceremonies at Athletic Bowl
- Fireworks Display at 8 pm
Panagbenga is one of the Philippines top festivals. Expect hundreds of thousands of tourist roaming the streets of Baguio, specially on Session Road come the Street Dancing and Float Parade events.
Burnham Park will also feature some of of the must see events in this years Flower Festival and is one of he best Baguio tourist spots to see fresh flowers like roses and sunflowers.
If you want to have a better look of the participants of the Street Dancing as well as the Floats for the Paradeof Flowers, better head out to Panagbenga Park for this is where the parade usually starts.
Also, don’t forget to reserve your Baguio hotel or your affordable Baguio transient hose for surely Baguio will be filled by tourists and hotels will be fully booked.
Please Share this Philippine Travel Blog post!!!! Salamat po.